Odpovědět
Zpráva
Autor
Max V.J.
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Veteran certifikace

#1 Příspěvek od Max V.J. » 04 úno 2009 19:32

Ahoj,

Mam 109 SIII nafta o Dansko, a ted musi udela cesky snacky jako veteran. Je tady nikdo snate jak? Potrebuje pomoc!

Or perhaps easier to understand:javascript: :wink:
I own a 109 SIII Diesel from DK, and I now have to deal with getting it licensed as a veteran vehicle in Czech. Anyone here who has tried it and is able to help?

-And are there anyone else in Olomouc region with a SIII? -What's the nearest place to get some parts?

...Lastly; Anyone who have experience driving on frying oil?

Zdravim,
Max
SIII 109" Diesel + SIII 109" Petrol (24 Volt)

MOPADŽI
auto: Def,Def a Def+Disco
Kontaktovat uživatele:

#2 Příspěvek od MOPADŽI » 04 úno 2009 20:36

Kluci ti poradí, řešilo se to tu již několikrát, ale napsal jsi to hezky :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Safra, kdybych takhle uměl po englicky :evil:
Čas a Land Rover, nezastavíš... www.mopadzi4x4.eu

1960SeriesII
tel.: 774747556
Kontaktovat uživatele:

#3 Příspěvek od 1960SeriesII » 04 úno 2009 21:11

Not really a problem - I think Land Jirka will be able to help you as he is located in the Boskovice area. First you need to find a historic vehicles club who will be able to classify your vehicle as a historic one and evaluate its authenticity (I wouldn't worry about that point as there are vehicles here who shouldn't really qualify but still do - the right friends in the right places are essential :roll: ). The club will help you to issue the proper documents, fill in all the details and once the vehicle is approved, you just need to wait for the licence plate to be issued. By the way, you do not need to be a member, but you will need to pay a fee for the vehicle test.

If you're lucky, you can get the plates in just over a month, the costs are approx. CZK 10000,- (or at least that's what I had to pay in May 2007).
SII 88" (r. v. 1960) "Bernie" -- SIIA FC 109" (r. v. 1964) "Obluda"

Max V.J.
Kontaktovat uživatele:

#4 Příspěvek od Max V.J. » 04 úno 2009 21:27

Thank you for the welcome guys and fast answers! (Eliot/Patrik a ?) ...(And in English....Phew!)

A little history and more questions:
I imported the LR 2 years ago, it's owned by our organization PermaLot o.s., (which needs it for the 10 hectare apple orchard it owns), so ownership is Czech.
Unfortunately the process has taken a very long time as a local old (cheap) mechanic first rebuild the frame, but made it slightly wrong, so the doors couldn't close when we mounted the body! In addition something happened to the fuel system so it couldn't drive; believe someone poured flax (len) into the system...
-We bought the car for 20.000 czk+ transport, and didn't have enough money to act fast with it. When it's certified it will have cost around 100.000 czk...

The frame is now fixed and the fuel system should be made in the next month, which means it's time to deal with the paperwork.

As for parts, I know I need the following:
-The 'catch' for the handle/locking mechanism on the right side passenger door
-New 'plastic' ceiling over the front seats (Is it allowed to make my own of old carpet in veteran?)
-1 new front window
-The plates under the feet
-Interior lamp above seats
-Heater leaks; Either I need it soldered or a new. (I have better from army Mercedes, but worry that I'm not allowed to install it in a veteran!?)
...If it's allowed it would be great with an original extra fuel tank which I could use only for vegetable oil...

In general I wonder what is legal with a veteran? It was good to hear that it isn't so strict...and the price is what I expected: the time is 3 times faster than what I imagined!

We plan to use it mainly as a work car for the farm, but also to drive to Norway in it in August. Ideally we would be allowed to put some seats in the back, be able to somehow paint some promotion on it, and to mount a big roof rack (made by local 'kovar').
I also hope to only use vegetable oil, at least during warm season; soon we will grow and make our own oil for our tractor and LR. (konopa, lenicka, a dalsi).

Zdravim,
Max

eliott
tel.: +420608021838
auto: několik
Kontaktovat uživatele:

#5 Příspěvek od eliott » 04 úno 2009 22:58

1960SeriesII píše:Not really a problem - I think Land Jirka will be able to help you as he is located in the Boskovice area. First you need to find a historic vehicles club who will be able to classify your vehicle as a historic one and evaluate its authenticity (I wouldn't worry about that point as there are vehicles here who shouldn't really qualify but still do - the right friends in the right places are essential :roll: ). The club will help you to issue the proper documents, fill in all the details and once the vehicle is approved, you just need to wait for the licence plate to be issued. By the way, you do not need to be a member, but you will need to pay a fee for the vehicle test.

If you're lucky, you can get the plates in just over a month, the costs are approx. CZK 10000,- (or at least that's what I had to pay in May 2007).
Což ono by to určitě šlo zařídit, ale Max píše že to chce napsat na firmu a používat jako firemní, což nejde. Muselo by se to napsat na soukromou osobu, ale stejně to nedostanou do účetnictví.
Zastoupení ALLMAKES 4x4, TERRAFIRMA 4x4, prodejce BRITPART, specializovaný servis, renovace a přestavby na přání.
konzultace +420608021838 --- E-SHOP s náhradními díly http://www.eliott.in --- email : landrover.eliott@gmail.com

1960SeriesII
tel.: 774747556
Kontaktovat uživatele:

#6 Příspěvek od 1960SeriesII » 05 úno 2009 08:12

Max, don't know how good your Czech is, but Eliott raised a valid point here - only a historic vehicle owned by a private person can be registered, historic vehicles cannot be owned by companies :?
SII 88" (r. v. 1960) "Bernie" -- SIIA FC 109" (r. v. 1964) "Obluda"

Max V.J.
Kontaktovat uživatele:

#7 Příspěvek od Max V.J. » 05 úno 2009 10:27

Yes, it was good to hear; We'll simply sell it to me or my Czech wife then...
Basic issue is if neighbours can complain to police if we use veteran car to work with agriculture; pull trailers etc?

Zdravim,
Max

Mirko
auto: RRC´s
Kontaktovat uživatele:

#8 Příspěvek od Mirko » 05 úno 2009 12:03

Hi Max,
why do You want to have it licensed as a veteran vehicle? Is it RHD?
I´m currently going through this procedure with my Jeep, and one of the regulations is, that You shouldn´t use the car for any jobs earning You money. So the promotional paint is one of the taboos, which will meet You, pulling trailers daily might also need explanation. In generally the vehicle should be in good condition close to factory specifications, any changes allowed should be made at least 20 years ago. (My Jeep has got Enkei Rims, sidepipes and recaro seats, but they are as old as the car - as we say "dobový") The truth is, that the clubs are quiet tolerant if the car is in good shape and worth preserving it as a veteran vehicle. (My club homologation is made in Boskovice, i can recommend them in terms of tolerance).
If your car is not a RHD, then it would probably be better to get a normal license - but a club homologation as a veteran vehicle, which means You get normal license plates (Your neighbour can´t say anything), but You pay the insurance for a veteran vehicle (which definitely is the only advantage You get with a veteran license plate -unless You can´t get a normal license because of RHD or, in my case, missing european homolagtion No.) You can also contact Mr Klic from the veterancarclub Boskovice rightaway http://www.sedmizubec.cz/
Regards,
Mirko

Max V.J.
Kontaktovat uživatele:

#9 Příspěvek od Max V.J. » 05 úno 2009 12:11

Dear Mirko,

Wow! This is completely new information and sounds like the best way to do it. We'll be sure to contact the Boskovice people next week. Thanks a lot!

By the way; sorry about your Jeep; Hope you'll be able to get a Land Rover next time :lol:

Zdravim,
Max

Mirko
Kontaktovat uživatele:

#10 Příspěvek od Mirko » 05 úno 2009 12:27

Hi Max,

well I forgot to write about one thing: the technical check of Your vehicle. Normal license plates mean You have to pass the normal technical check at Dekra or TUV every two years like any other car would have to. Veteran license plates gives the competency for the technical check to a comissioner, who is responsible for the car working and operating well. This check is necessary every year, but it is not that strict and without emission controls. But if You want to pull trailers it should be in good shape in Your own interest, so You don´t have to fear the check :wink:

Max V.J.
Kontaktovat uživatele:

#11 Příspěvek od Max V.J. » 05 úno 2009 14:34

Ah yes...
When i first arrived here in '98, I had a nice Norwegian Nissan Vanette. I was able to officially import it, but not to get Czech license plates, as it did not have a modern computer controlled catalyzer; It did have a brand new catalyzer, however for that model Nissan didn't make a computer controlled one...The result was that I had to sell the van for export to Africa....While driving looking at stinking old Czech busses and trucks!

It was a way to stop people from importing old vehicles from W. Europe. I wonder how it would go with this old LR? I'm certain that it smells a fair bit, however it's diesel which may be very different? -As I plan to use it for bio-fuels, and mainly rurally, then it's not my big concern...
(Despite everyone call me 'Eco'!)

Has anyone here imported a +25 year old LR and managed to get normal license plates on it...(without corruption!) ?

Zdravim,
Max

Rover
tel.: 736173373

#12 Příspěvek od Rover » 05 úno 2009 14:42

Max Jensen píše:Has anyone here imported a +25 year old LR and managed to get normal license plates on it...(without corruption!) ?
Good question... :wink:
Country boy...

eliott
Kontaktovat uživatele:

#13 Příspěvek od eliott » 05 úno 2009 21:04

Zastoupení ALLMAKES 4x4, TERRAFIRMA 4x4, prodejce BRITPART, specializovaný servis, renovace a přestavby na přání.
konzultace +420608021838 --- E-SHOP s náhradními díly http://www.eliott.in --- email : landrover.eliott@gmail.com

Mirko
Kontaktovat uživatele:

#14 Příspěvek od Mirko » 06 úno 2009 09:49

Hi Max,
the regulation You are talking about was declared invalid by the European Union a few years ago (don´t know exactly, maybe two or three years). Since then You can import cars of any age, unless they are homologated for the european market. A number in your registration book says if it is so, or not (a white collar at Your registration office will tell You more). The old regulation is only valid for cars, which were imported to Europe individually (as my chanting 1983 Jeep, which hasn´t got this number :wink: ) It´s not a problem to get normal license plates for my sisters 1980 Porsche, although it hasn´t got any catalyzers, because it was delivered originally to Europe.
If your registration book is allright, the car was originally delivered to Europe, it meets the technical standard of the year it was build and is LHD, then it should be possible to get a normal license plate for Your Landy without any corruption. The costs are 800 crowns for the registration, 10.000 Kč for the environment fee and afterwards the check of the veteran club should cost another 2000 Kč. The cost of the insurance is dependent on the company, but should be, for this vehicle, around 800 crowns per year. The usual insurance tax for a 2,25l engine, without the club veteran legitimation, would be around 5000 Kč (more or less, a look at some internet pages will tell You the exact numbers).
And Yes, I try to get rid of the Jeep :wink:
Mirko

Max V.J.
Kontaktovat uživatele:

#15 Příspěvek od Max V.J. » 06 úno 2009 11:27

Jesis! "Declared invalid by EU"

My biggest complaint from 10 years in CR is about 'uradnice'! I have won several appeals to Kraj, Ministries and once to Ombudsman; Now I'm sorry I didn't manage to save my nice Nissan Vanette!
My Bsc. diploma work was proving how many problems actually didn't come from EU, but from the culture and mentality of the Praha and regional office people...!
(Sorry if some of you who read this, work in such offices, but I think you know it is quite common!).

Anyhow, Mirko, your email is priceless; Thanks a lot for outlining the situation. (And yes, my LR is LWD).

To repay a little to the LR community: I am able to read the DK 'inzeraty' in the DK LR club. During January someone offered a 109 SIII for free, other times there's simply good deals. I'll be happy to post them here in English.
-I also have a 1,8 x 4 meter car trailer, in case someone needs it to import a car; can be used in exchange of LR parts.

Thanks again,
Max

Max V.J.
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Thank you all...

#16 Příspěvek od Max V.J. » 06 úno 2009 20:22

Here's a little pay back: Perhaps a chance to exchange your Jeep, Mirko?

http://www.landroverforum.cz/forum/view ... 9118#59118

Zdravim,
Max

Mirko
Kontaktovat uživatele:

#17 Příspěvek od Mirko » 10 úno 2009 08:53

Hi Max,
thanks a lot, but maybe some other folk is interested. I´m more in classic Range Rovers. And well, maybe You would change a Jeep after a complete rebuild against those Landies, not me :)

http://www.jeep-club.com./cgi-bin/yabb/ ... 9;start=60

Monogamy in cars is not my task :wink:
Regards,
Mirko

eliott
Kontaktovat uživatele:

#18 Příspěvek od eliott » 10 úno 2009 10:53

Mirko píše:Hi Max,
The costs are 800 crowns for the registration, 10.000 Kč for the environment fee and afterwards the check of the veteran club should cost another 2000 Kč.
Mirko
It's a litle more, you must also pay 2000,- Kč for ''shválení technické způsobilosti'' and you will probably need to suply complete technical data, which you will have to ask from the main LR dealer AMT. This costs some 2500,-. When you will be ready to start the war with the offices, let me know, I will give you a direct contact to get the technical data.

Max V.J.
Kontaktovat uživatele:

#19 Příspěvek od Max V.J. » 15 úno 2009 15:50

OK, guys...I think we're getting clear now.

I've talked with the boss (my wife!), and written p. Klic, hoping he will be able to finalize it so it can pass inspection; I'm too busy building house (of straw bales!), to be working on it, besides it's not my talent...

As a summery for the official issues, it seems we're dealing with this:
1) The organization will sell it to me; I have residency of CR. We will certify it as a normal Czech vehicle, but be member of a veteran club to gain inexpensive insurance.

Then we go on for all of these expenses:
800,- Registration,
10.000,- Environment fee
2000,- Check-up by the veteran club
2000,- for ''shválení technické způsobilosti''
2500,- to supply complete technical data, which you will have to ask from the main LR dealer AMT.
800,- per year insurance
(It better work the next 10 years to make the money back!!!)

And hopefully we'll have it 'camperized' a bit and on the road before the Birmabright weekend and I'll buy ya all a round!

A few more questions:
1) Is it possible to save the 2500 for the AMT by using same data from one of yours SIII 109's? (and pay you some instead?)

2) As it will be a licensed as a 'normal Czech car': Can we then put a couple of seats in the back? We need a place for a baby chair!

3) Does any of you have a long range fuel tank for sale? The type which gets mounted between the rear-wheels and the seat: taking the space for the internal spare tyre.

4) The car is now in Sumperk and needs to go to Boskovice (if OK with p. Klic). Are there anyone here planing to go that way soon, and able to pull an auto trailer? Our second car is much too small for that...

Zdravim,
Max

Odpovědět